[ show plain text ]
Thanks for the welcome, Jerry. I'm pleased to be joining OPE-L. Below are the contents to the forthcoming book you mentioned:
PHASES OF CAPITALIST DEVELOPMENT:
Booms, Crises, and Globalisations
Notes on Contributors
1. International Relations and Capitalist Discipline
Kees van der Pijl
2. The Fortunes and Misfortunes of Post-Fordism
3. The Disintegration of Capitalism: A Phase of Ex-Capitalist Transition
John Bell and Thomas T. Sekine
4. Capitalist Development in World Historical Perspective
Giovanni Arrighi and Jason W. Moore
5. Class Struggle and the Global Overaccumulation of Capital
6. The State, Globalisation, and Phases of Capitalist Development
David M. Kotz
7. Spiral Reversal of Capitalist Development: What Does it Imply for the Twenty-First Century?
8. Capitalism in the Future Perfect Tense
9. Periodising Capitalism: Technology, Institutions, and Relations of Production
Gérard Duménil and Dominique Lévy
10. Space, Regulation, and the Periodisation of Capitalism
Sabah Alnasseri, Ulrich Brand, Thomas Sablowski, and Jens Winter
11. Class, Contradiction, and the Capitalist Economy
12. Has the Empire Struck Back?
13. Imperialist Contradictions at the Threshold of the Third Millennium: A New Phase?
14. Periodising Capitalism and Analysing Imperialism: Classical Marxism and Capitalist Evolution
15. Growth and Change in the World Economy Since 1950
Michael J. Webber and David L. Rigby
16. Globalise, Globa-lise, Global Lies: Myths of the World Economy in the 1990s
17. What follows Fordism? On the Periodisation of Capitalism and its Regulation
18. Phases of Capitalism and Post-Capitalist Social Change
Bibliography and Select Readings
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Wednesday, September 20, 2000 10:56 AM
Subject: [OPE-L:3859] Alan Zuege
> Alan Zuege, a member of the faculty at York University in Toronto, Canada is our newest subscriber.
> Alan Z should be familiar to many of our listmembers. Indeed, the book he describes below that he is editing (_Phases of Capitalist Development_) will have chapters by current members Alan F and Makoto and former members Dominique, Gerard and Mino.
> btw1 (to Alan Z), if you have a table of contents for your book, please feel free to post it. I'm sure others would be interested.
> btw2 (to others), have we ever really had a discussion about phases of capitalist development? If not, we should, imho.
> Alan Z: welcome aboard!
> In solidarity, Jerry
This archive was generated by hypermail 2b29 : Sat Sep 30 2000 - 00:00:05 EDT