[OPE-L:42] [OPE-L:271] archives proposal

Gerald Levy (glevy@pratt.edu)
Sun, 1 Nov 1998 08:40:21 -0500 (EST)

Let's make a decision -- aye or nay -- on Duncan's proposal (see #230).

Here's what I am proposing procedurally:

1) have discussion until November 15 (this will give everyone an
opportunity to think about the proposal and voice their perspectives).

2) make a decision on (or shortly after) November 15 to:

a) (***if*** there is consensus) open the archives as Duncan proposed
b) decide to extend discussion on this topic.

Speaking only for myself, I'd like to see this topic resolved so that we
can then move on to other topics and not keep returning to this one. It is
also my feeling that we are closer to consensus on this question than we
have been at any time in the past.

In solidarity, Jerry