[ show plain text ]
Everyone: please use the following brief guidelines when sending posts:
1. When responding to a post, *indicate the author of the post you are
responding to*. The use of a surname is acceptable and even
Examples: "Allin wrote:"
"Paul Z wrote:"
2. It is also helpful if you *use the OPE-L post identification number*
when responding to posts.
Examples: "Simon wrote in :"
"Re Nicky's (2369):"
3. It is very helpful if you format your posts in such a way that they
are *easy - visually - to read*. In particular, the reader should be
able to read your posts and instantly know what your writing is vs.
what the writing is you are responding to.
4. Before sending a post to the list, please check to see that it is
*addressed to the list* <firstname.lastname@example.org>.
5. *Please delete all sections of a post that you are _not_ responding
6. *Indicate your name at the end of your posts*. I.e. "sign" them.
First names only are acceptable and desirable.
All of the above are very simple requests and should not take more than a
few seconds to comply with, but would be *very* helpful for the other
listmembers who are reading your posts.
Thanks for your understanding and cooperation.
In solidarity, Jerry
This archive was generated by hypermail 2b29 : Fri Apr 21 2000 - 09:47:46 EDT